- MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy with distinction
- Postgraduate diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP accredited course)
- Bsc Psychology (Hons)
- AAMET Accredited Emotional freedom Technique Practitioner
- I am a registered member of BACP and adhere to BACP’s code of ethics and practice.
- Published paper on integrated counselling and coaching with young people. You can read here: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09515070.2017.1319800
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (ABC)
- Certificate MBCT for destructive emotions
- I have tutored students in counselling skills at The University of East London.
- I am DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) registered.
I have a natural interest and affinity for people and the phenomena of the human mind. I have a passion for working with people to overcome obstacles in their life and creating fulfilment.
I am a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist. I offer an integrative approach to counselling which means that I use a range of approaches, selecting the approach that best suits the client. I mainly integrate Person Centred, Mindfulness and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) approaches. I treat each person as an individual, so what approach may suit one person, may not necessarily suit another.
I am also a fully qualified AAMET Accreditted EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Practitioner. This therapy is known as acupressure without needles and involves me teaching you a practical self help method which involves mindfully and gently tapping on acupressure points on the body. EFT is quick and effective intervention to resolve emotional or physical pain. It is a method which you can take away and work on outside of the sessions. To find out more information please see WHAT IS EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE? or please do get in contact if you would like to ask me any questions.
My practice is within easy reach of Hockley, Rayleigh, Hullbridge, Rochford, Rayleigh, Ashingdon, Hadleigh, Eastwood and Benfleet. I am a 10-15 minute walk of Hockley station and also accessible from the number 7 bus route.